So in keeping with the trend, I come bringing news. News of a giveaway (see below!) and also, a little food for thought when it comes to pumping.
For many moms, pumping is a core aspect of the nursing relationship and one that can feel somewhat overwhelming at first. In part, because of the sheer cost of buying a breast pump outright and also due to the multitude of options available and the task of navigating them.
If only life was simple, right?
For moms in the US, things got a whole lot simpler when the Affordable Care Act was passed, which ensures that most insurance companies will cover the entire cost of a breast pump if we use an approved supplier like Edwards Health Care Services. Yet a big question for many moms is whether to accept their standard insurance offering, or whether to invest a little cash in securing an upgraded option.
Here are five of the key reasons that moms are choosing to upgrade their breast pumps:
- Upgrades come with coolers. For many moms, keeping their pumped milk cold during a long commute can be difficult to negotiate. The knowledge that the kit they are receiving has everything they will need to ensure door-to-door safety of that precious liquid gold makes upgrading worthwhile.
- Upgrades are a one-time transaction. Instead of racing out in search of extra bottles or batteries once baby arrives, many new moms prefer the simplicity of securing the full kit of essentials via a singular transaction.
- Upgrades come with bags. Every pumping mom needs a bag for her pump and many new moms are opting for the branded bag that was built specifically for their pump.
- There are many moms who pump exclusively for their little ones. This means that every single feed is pumped, day and night. Choosing the most efficient and comfortable pump is simply a necessity for these dedicated moms.
- For breastfeeding moms who travel with their work, pumping will be a regular and crucial aspect of any trip. Upgrading to one of the most effective and high-end pumps on the market inevitably makes this multitasking more sustainable.
Whether we choose to upgrade or not, most would agree that the Affordable Care Act is a step in the right direction towards supporting mothers, children and families across the US. And whether we use a pump to stockpile 'emergency' milk in the freezer for a rainy day, or whether we pump exclusively to nourish our little ones...the fact remains that the lowly pump is necessary for a huge number of moms in ever-differing situations.
So how about a pump-themed giveaway?
Throughout the month of August, EHCS is teaming up with Medela to offer one lucky mom the chance to win a Medela Freestyle breast pump! And because the team are so lovely, they've allowed me to link to their giveaway directly - to give the Mama Bean community a chance of winning this upgraded package:
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Full giveaway details can be found here.
Good luck, mamas!
Breastfeeding: Do We Really Need To See It?
The Problem With "Extended" Breastfeeding
Breastfeeding: This is what you can do with your Private Moment
If you'd like to receive new posts from Mama Bean Parenting straight to your inbox, just click here
Thank you to EHCS for allowing me to feature and share their giveaway in this post!